Tuesday 4 January 2011

First Review for 'Shooter'

How exciting to wake this morning, 4 days into 2011, and I get my first review on Flickering Myth, a site dedicated to reviewing films of all genres, and my wee film 'Shooter' has managed to get a mention, you can see the review here. Also got a great mention on Live for Films

I have always wondered what it would be like to be reviewed, and really is a bit daunting, as you read all sorts of material written about peoples work. But this one has made me very happy, and will be treasured. Thanks Flickering Myth, made my day.

Off to Helensburgh to a meeting with Peter Montgomery, and he happily handed me a DVD copy of the master of 'Carter's Nightmare', his second feature film to date, I was so excited about seeing it, as I am usually immersed in the post production process, but with this film, Peter was at the helm. You can watch the making of clips and film sequences HERE

The film runs 1hr 21mins and looks great, has a good pace to it, and as I started taking notes, I found my self in the story, and chuckling away at some of the witty one liners. His work on the composites is also great with a very cinematic feel to the whole production process, it makes me wonder what kind of world beating material could be produced if we had money behind us, so if anyone reading this would like more information on what is being made and what has been achieved in the last 2 years, please drop me a line at ronniegoodwin@hotmail.com and subject (indiefilm).

This afternoon I got a call from a guy, who simply said, I have made a script, would you like to read it, I said, OK, he appeared at my door, handed me the 102 page script, and I am going to read it in the morning, I will post details later.

Meanwhile all is good on the film and ad production front, could do with a paying job for a while, freelance compositing or second unit DP, even DOP, so if you need something made, drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment