Monday 17 September 2012

'FLY a Legacy' makes the Long List at the Academy Awards 2013

Normally I write quite frequent blogs about the journey's of my short films, but the last few months have been spent working on pushing the films further, so not a lot has been said on this site, however I am now able to talk about there developments and very exciting they are.

2013 Academy Award qualifiers on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/list/ia6ec_BCC5A/



Since 'FLY a Legacy' screened with the F3t, the Cannes Film Festival and ScreenHi, things have moved to a higher plane. I signed with Shorts International in July, to distribute the film, having built a good relationship with them, as they also distribute 'Shooter'.

On Friday 7th of September 2012, I received an email from Linda Olszewski, she is vice president of global acquisitions at Shorts International. She asked me if I could have a DCP (Digital Cinema Packet) of the film made, as she had a slot for the film to screen. So I had to very quickly find someone with the knowledge to make the film into a DCP. Firstly I thought, OK, maybe I could study the process and do it myself, then as I started the research, I find that it is a very complicated and time consuming process, and I didn't have any time to do the study, and especially, make the mistakes that come with this kind of undertaking. That's where I found Darren Eggenschwiler of Production Attic, (a real top bloke, he and his team), he had published a blog on his site about creating DCP's, and first thing on Monday morning he had the file on his machine, and by Wednesday afternoon, we had a DCP on a hard drive and in a Fedex plane to LAX.

This morning I received this

Dear Ronnie
Congratulations on this unique opportunity to be part of ShortsHD At The Movies Academy qualifying screenings - launching this Tuesday at the Manns Chinese 6 Theaters at 6801 Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood, CA for three consecutive days – September 18, 19, 20.  Tickets can be bought at the door or at the link below:

Three programs of fantastic short films will screen twice daily. Please spread the word to your fans! 

PROGRAM ONE - FAMILY FRIENDLY (83 min)
TRT

RATING
Genre
Recess
4
Live action
PG
Kids
Lunch Date
11
Live action
PG
Rom com
Being Bradford Dillman
11
Anim
PG
Anim
Kubla Khan
3
Anim
G
Anim
Lost and Found
3
Anim
G
Anim
The Wind Girl
14
Anim
PG
Latino
Sea Meadow
12
Live action
PG
Experimental
Oroverde
18
Live action
PG
Foreign
Fly - A Legacy
7
Live action
G
Fishing


So 'FLY a Legacy' is now eligible for Academy qualifying, now that is something to write home about.

Featured in the November 2012 issue of Fly Fishing and Fly Tying Magazine http://www.flyfishing-and-flytying.co.uk/

PS, the happiest guy 

2 comments: